Digital Fabrication and Computational Thinking Teacher, Full-Time
We’re seeking passionate educators to join our team. We’re looking for teachers who are designers, teachers with a passion for personalizing learning for each and every student. Teachers who model a growth mindset for students. Teachers who are their best when being creative and working in a collaborative learning and working environment. If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
See more about the position here.
Digital Fabrication and Computational Thinking Teacher
Start Date: July 2018
Full-Time but open to Part-Time
We’re seeking a passionate and experienced educator to join our team. We are a startup, where it’s vital that every member of our team shares a “roll-up-your-sleeves-do-whatever-is-needed” attitude.
- 2+ years of recent classroom teaching experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in education
- Experience in Digital Fabrication + Computational thinking
- Facility with making and FAB Lab technologies and software (programing, robotics, lasercutting, 3D printing, Adobe, Corel Draw, etc)
- Experience designing and implementing hands-on, child-centered learning
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment especially when it comes to teaching and planning
- Belief in technology as a medium to learn and create
- Passion for working with and engaging children in student-driven learning experiences
- Passion for innovation in education and an entrepreneurial mindset
- A growth mindset and a drive to foster children’s social emotional capabilities
- Experience in Design thinking or co-designing with students
- Experience in Reggio, Montessori approaches
- Design experiential, project-based learning activities for a mixed-age class (with support and input of the other core Portfolio team members)
- Curate individual learning activities based on each student’s abilities, needs, and learning style
- Determine students’ academic and social emotional learning objectives and ensure that they’re met
- Create and/or implement emergent and academically rigorous curriculum in diverse settings for a mixed age classroom
- Communicate learning targets and outcomes to colleagues, parents, and students on a regular basis
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Reduced tuition benefit
Click HERE to submit cover letter, resume, personal statement and list of 5 references.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.