Girl Scouts of Greater New York
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York (GSGNY) is seeking committed, enthusiastic instructors to teach in a coding program, using a fun, interesting curriculum that taps the interest of middle school girls in New York City.
We are looking for instructors who can demonstrate professionalism and consistency, while also relating to, coaching, and inspiring girls as they embrace and undertake building STEM and other new skills.
This position assists in instruction alongside another instructor; co-teaching during camps designed to provide an intensive, engaging week-long deep-dive into coding+ filmmaking + leadership skills, beginning Summer 2018.
“Breaking the Code” Coding Program Instructor
- Work with another GSGNY instructor to deliver a high-quality coding curriculum that combines online and offline elements in underserved schools and afterschool programs across New York City. Training, curriculum, and materials will be provided by Program department staff, and program development partners.
- Adapt teaching to a wide variety of informal environments; preparing the learning environment, lessons, and necessary supplies for activities.
- Lead field trips, coordinate guest speakers, and oversee events as scheduled per camp.
- Provide quality customer service to parents/guardians, troop leaders, and staff.
- Assume responsibility for and follow protocol to supervise students until pickup by designated parent/guardian and/or troop leader.
- Maintain regular communication with and support administrative staff with program logistics.
- Support the completion of evaluation and assessment procedures: accurate and timely program and attendance tracking and providing reports as necessary to Program leadership.
- Training: June and/or July – Time/days TBD
- July Camp: Monday, July 16 – Friday, July 20; 9am-5pm
- August Camp: Monday, August 13 – Friday, August 16; 9am-5pm
Contact/ send resume to:
Tomika Rodriguez <email@example.com>